Roskilde tragedy...

articolo da un giornale norvegese

« Older   Newer »

1. ed79

User deleted

sempre a riguardo...
    una bellissima testimonianza...sempre da un ragazzo del forum di sinergy, che incontrò Eddie nel 2003 dopo la data di Toronto, il 28 giugno...

I actually met Eddie Vedder three years to the date of this incident. It was after the Toronto show in 2003. I met him in the parking lot about an hour and a half after the show ended, We chatted in great length. I remember at one point Ed looked down at his watch and said something to the effect of
    "You know......three years ago tonight before we took the stage i recieved the most wonderful news. Chris Cornell called me to tell me his wife had just given birth to their first child, i was so full of joy and happiness when we i stepped out onto that stage."
    "A new life was brought into this world but in an instant.................................( he hung his head looking down at his boots, a long pause)
    Looking up at me the strain in his face was to much to take, the pain in his eyes i will never forget.
    He then continued " In an instant my happiness turned to complete horror, helplesness and death."
    The small group that we stood in grew very quiet, knowbody knew what to say at that point. I cleared my throat and said "You know Ed Love Boat Captain was really beautiful tonight, it was a nice tribute. I'm sure they were with us here tonight, looking down from above."
    Ed quickly grew a smile and agreed with me.
    That moment i will never forget for the rest of my life. I was really taken back how he felt like he could open up a bit and share his feelings which i'm sure he's been tortured with.

30 replies since 27/6/2005, 08:55   6977 views